At WOYEN, we provide training and workshops to develop or enhance development skills in our women and youth. These trainings and workshops are used as platforms were African women and youths can develop their entrepreneurial skills to attain economic sustainability. They are also targeted at helping to build confidence in our women and youth by exposing them to new ways of operating that will help in competing favorably with their counterparts in the developed world.
We offer training in;
- Internet Training and Online Marketing for Women: These involves skills acquisition in computer and internet use. Specialized training in online Business and Marketing for women and youths
- Youth Skills Acquisition and Development Training: These training are organized for young people covering different areas to improve their skills and assist them in achieving new ones. Area of focus includes relationships, media, culture, employability, business development/ethics among others.
- Vocational Training: We offer training in;
- Fashion and Design: The course encompasses various elements including designing and cutting clothes, using industrial machinery, embroidery and completing portfolios.
- Sewing & Textiles: The training in sewing and textile designed to teach women how to design and make various garments and accessories such as bags, shoes and hats.
- Tie/Dye & Batik: With access to experts in the African hand- designed textile, our women and youth are exposed to innovative, high quality tie/dye and batik design training.
We provide a number of regular workshops about issues that affects African women and youth. These workshops are provided on an informal, friendly and one to one basis. Feedback has highlighted that our women and youth believe the workshops are of great help. Workshops we carry out are based on:
- Sexual Health: We regularly carry out workshops on various issues such as sexually transmitted diseases, safer sex and female genital mutilation.
- Financial Literacy: This workshop is designed to increase understanding mainstream financial processes amongst participants. The workshop covers areas such as types of bank accounts, opening a bank account and claiming back unfair charges and loans.
- Starting A Small Business: The workshop provides information on how to start and manage a small business.
- Confidence Building: A vital workshop whereby women and youth can gain confidence to not only assimilate into society but to gain employment.
- CV Writing: An essential workshop that helps youth in building a CV for employment.
Emerging Into the Global Market
Emerging into the Global Market is one of the major the highlight of our activities. As one of our objectives is to present an opportunity for our women and youth to meet and network with their counterparts in developed communities through trade fairs and trade missions, we therefore, provide trainings, workshops, information, business intelligence, trade and investment opportunities and networking needed to meet these needs.
Emerging into the global market is a set of trainings and workshops that prepare our members for the global market. At these workshops, members are exposed to difference between trade fairs and trade missions, types of products that are widely accepted in international markets and packaging of products for the international market.