Women and Youth Empowerment Network, (WOYEN), is a non-governmental organization consisting of individuals passionate about women and youth emancipation and family development, with focus on the socio-economic empowerment and global integration of African women and youth. We operate in the UK and in Nigeria.
Through our work, we seek to strengthen the home front while we break the chain of poverty among African women and youth.
We aim to do this by providing them with platform to identify and develop their potentials, relevant skills as well as share knowledge and opportunities with their counterpart in any part of the world.
WOYEN have been working with African women and youth since 2004. We originally worked in Nigeria under the name, Women and Youth Advancement Network and have recently changed our name to one that better describe what we do and what we value – Women and Youth Empowerment Network.
To be in the forefront at bringing socioeconomic empowerment to women and youth, with special focus on the “hard to reach” segments of the society and people of African origin.
To provide a platform where women and youth can access training, workshops, information, business intelligence, trade and investment opportunities needed to meet their socioeconomic needs.
- To improve the socioeconomic status of women and youth through business and employability skills training, business partnership and access to information.
- To promote the economic empowerment of women and youth, especially those of African origin and other minority groups.
- To develop strategies to unlock solutions to the challenging socioeconomic issues faced by African women and youth.
- To advocate with developmental partners in order to engage African women and youth in the millennium development goals.
- To present a platform for African women and youth to meet and network with their counterparts in other part of the world through trade fairs, trade missions and exchange programs.
- PASSION: We are driven by the desire to revive and sustain family values and break the chain of poverty among African women and youth.
- FAIRNESS: We believe that everyone should be rewarded fairly for their contributions.
- EQUALITY: We believe that everyone should be given equal opportunity for development.
At WOYEN, we work to empower African women and youth by assisting them to access information and resources to transform their lives.
- Business Skills Acquisitions and Trainings.
- Information on Business and Investments Opportunities
- Intelligence on Trade and Investment Opportunities.
- Regular local and African business sessions.
- Business Strategy Formulation and Commercialization with focus on developing sustainable training models for each target group of entrepreneurs including Micro and Small Sized Entrepreneurs.